Tuesday, April 03, 2007

上海

I have just woken up from a 3 hour nap after landing from Shanghai earlier this morning. The flight was awful. Luckily I had a fun crew which helped. I found that the flight was well worth suffering when I arrived though! I have never had such a good time shopping. It was my first experience of bartering and I've been told by the others that I did quite well. It's really addictive and I ended up buying things I didn't need just so I could barter. The markups that they put on the items in the beginning is ridiculous. I was buying items that began at 800 Yuan for 100 Yuan! I can't wait to go back. 'Shanghai' in Chinese is the title of this post just in case you were wondering. :-)

My hotel room.
The view from my window.

Looking in the other direction.

Wish Doing - The Chinese version of McDonald's!

Dinner in the hotel. Believe it or not we had a Chinese! L-R Angel (Spain), Sita (India) and Grace (Kenya).

Commuters on their way to work.

Chinese street sign.

The stall we bought breakfast from.

They were very friendly.

Aomjai (Thailand) and Grace tuck into breakfast.

The Pearl TV Tower. A famous Shanghai landmark.

Aomjai and I have a conversation with some statues. They are placed all around the base of the TV Tower.

Grace blends in with the statues.

We were so amazed when we managed to buy subway tickets from a Chinese ticket machine!

The Chinese subway trains. You have to be really careful on board though as...

There's a big risk of 'pinching'. :-)

The locals try to help Aomjai with directions. One small problem though. None of them speak English!

Nanjing Road the main shopping street. As you walk down here you are grabbed by people who take you to...The back streets to see their shops. We went in 3 peoples houses to have a look at things! The Shanghai Science and Technology Museum.

For lunch we decided we would risk it and go in a local restaurant where no one speaks English and the menu was in Chinese. We asked for 2 teas 'Chai' and a 'Coke'. We got 2 bowls of warm tap water and a soup!

Aomjai's meal. It had the chicken's head and feet in it!
Me with the chicken's head.

On the aircraft home. Our new aircraft have stars on the ceiling at night time.
L-R Aomjai, Grace, Me and Yeon (South Korea).
Aomjai and I riding the meal cart. This is the kind of stuff we get up to when the passengers are asleep.
I was helping with the duty free on this flight as a display model. How am I doing?
Denise (Australia) who was in charge of duty free on today's flight.
"Well no one told me it was a necklace!"
Angel on the left was our Supervisor on the flight to Shanghai. Naglaa (Egypt) is with him.Grace, Me and Aomjai after the flight waiting for the bus to the briefing centre.
The other crew waiting for the bus.Me and Sita. Sita was on my brother's flight to Manchester too.
I finally managed to get a picture with the engine. They're massive.
My purchases. I spent 1000 Yuan which is approximately £65 or $159 Australian. The handbags are gifts! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ï»? Google is one of the best search engines worldwide
This kind of jersey number is typically in black colour A good fantasy holder should take into account bidding pertaining to player along at the last moment if the operator is qualified to hide his / her curiosity inside of a particular footballer[url=http://www.officialnikebroncosjerseyshop.com/broncos+von+miller+authentic+jersey-c-9_21.html]Von Miller White Jersey[/url]
then he/she may get a player for a negotiated price by having a last second bid