Saturday, November 11, 2006

Training Centre

I passed first aid! 99% on my test as I got one question wrong. Below are some photos of the training centre where I have spent the last month. I still have 2 more weeks to go until I receive my 'wings'. There is a big ceremony on my last day, held at the Emirates Aviation College (See photos), where I will receive my flying licence. My ab-initio group will have to sing a song in front of 500 people. I've already got butterflies! Enjoy.

Toby xXx
The Emirates Training College, where I study aircraft layouts and equipment and also learn how to do the onboard service. Can you see the shape of the building? It's a plane!
The Emirates Aviation College, this where I've spent the last week learning how to deal with medical emergencies onboard the aircraft. I'll also come back here for the graduation ceremony on my last day.
This is the Airbus (one of the types of aircraft we fly) door simulator. We use it to learn how to open the doors properly. It's harder than you think as there are quite a few things you have to do and check before it can be opened safely.
This is one of the inflatable slides we practised jumping down. Lots of fun but I hope I never have to use it for real!

This is the moving aircraft cabin we use to practise for events such as turbulence, crash landing, ditching (landing on water) and decompression (if the air pressure inside the aircraft drops rapidly).

No comments: