Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Two Day Toronto

My roster this month has been fantastic. My second trip was to the Canadian city of Toronto. Thanks to Canadian law Emirates can only fly to Toronto 3 times a week. This means that we must stay for at least 2 days. On the night of our arrival I was joined by my purser and one other colleague and we had dinner in 360, the revolving restaurant at the top of the CN Tower. Both the food and the service were amazing, I'd recommend it to anyone. Our second day was filled by a guided tour to Niagra Falls. I've been twice before but I've never seen them covered in snow and it was also nice to visit with crew. We were given an hour's free time in the town so I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to cross the bridge to the USA. One of the other crew came with me and we managed to get a few nice photos from another view point. I also got the 'Niagra Falls' stamp in my passport. On the last day I spent my time shopping in the maze of stores under the city. Toronto was great but the flights are so busy that I think I'll wait for them to give me my next one rather than asking for it!
My first view of the Toronto skyline as we left the airport.
The CN Tower.
My fantastic rosemary chicken dinner that I had in the revolving restaurant at the top of the tower.
Looking back down on the city centre.
The tower has a glass floor. I was petrified but I still managed to run across the edge of it!
The view down. So scary!
Niagra-On-The-Lake.
There were amazing icicles everywhere.
The American falls.
The Canadian horseshoe falls.
You could hear the power of the water as it went over the falls.
I managed to catch this rainbow in all the mist.
Me and the falls.
My footprints in the fresh snow.
The Rainbow Bridge that takes you from Canada to the USA.
I thought this sign was great. :-)
The view from the bridge.
A closeup of the plaque that can be seen in the above picture.
The lamppost is right on the borderline between the two countries.
On the way back over the bridge to Canada. I bought the jacket on my Shanghai trip so cheaply but it was fantastic.
The Eaton Centre shopping mall.
Toronto city centre is linked by a massive system of underground tunnels full of shops. You don't even have to go outside!

No comments: