Thursday, December 06, 2007

Lunch Or Lebanon?

When I called my friend and asked him if he wanted to meet up for lunch he said yes. The only thing I didn't realise is that we'd be eating it on a flight to Lebanon. Pierre was due to go home to Lebanon for a week's leave when I rang him, and as I had a few days off we decided that it might be fun for me to go too. His family were so welcoming, and even though his mum didn't speak much english she always made sure I'd had enough to eat! Pierre took me to all the must see places. I especially enjoyed our visit to the underground caves. Now it's my turn to take him home, but does that mean Australia or England!?
Me and Pierre on a desert safari earlier this year. Had to use this photo as I got none of him in Lebanon!
On the highway heading for Pierre's house.
Me standing with Beirut in the background.
Pierre's house.
The scenery in Lebanon was so beautiful.
Knowing I hate heights, Pierre though it would be funny to make me climb up some old ruins. It was not.
I'm smiling because I'm at the top but you can also see me thinking 'Now how do I get back down!?'.
Pierre tought me how to hold and shoot a gun.
On the cable cars to the top of the mountain next to Pierre's home town, Jounieh.
Me looking worried on the way back down. Did I mention that I hate heights?
Jounieh from the top.
On the left you can see one of the policemen near the signpost. They all carry machine guns!
If you look closely at the building you can see all the bullet holes where it was shot at during the last war.

No comments: