Sunday, December 16, 2007

Howdy Houston!

Upon checking my new roster I was ecstatic to find that I had been given a 3 day Houston, a trip that will only be available until the flight goes daily in January and the layover is cut down to 24 hours. As Houston is a brand new destination for the airline (service started on 3rd December) none of the crew had visited before. This was great as it meant everyone wanted to go out and see the sights. My crew was the third to stay at the hotel and to welcome us they upgraded everyone to suites on the executive floor! We even had access to the executive lounge with free canapes in the evening and breakfast in the morning. Our first day out was to the Space Center Houston. There was so much to see and do. I especially enjoyed the tram ride around the NASA complex and the visit to the real Mission Control. Our second day was spent at Galleria shopping mall, which is I'm told, the third largest in the USA. Houston was a great place to visit but I hope it won't be appearring on my roster again. I don't know if I could handle two 17 hours flights with only 24 hours rest in the middle!

On another note, I'd like to say hi and welcome to Emirates, to Ali (one of my blog readers) who I hear has just joined the company as cabin crew. Good luck with your training!
My first view of downtown Houston.
Our hotel was really nice.
The view from my room.
A downtown Houston street.
Having a steak in the hotel with the crew. L-R George (Lebanon), Me, Eri (Japan), Lucy (England), Edita (Slovakia), Jeremy (France) and Tamami (Japan).
The group at Space Center Houston. L-R Tamami, Eri, Lucy, Parinun (Thailand), Kaixiong (China), Jeremy, Linda (Indonesia), Edita, Celeste (South Africa), Me, George and First Officer Athanasios (Greece).
30 S. The building at NASA that houses Mission Control.
Inside Mission Control. The area that we are sat in is reserved for Astronaut's families on launch day.
A rocket mock-up.
The shuttle mock-up that the Astronauts train on.
I really liked this model of the Space Shuttle.
A mock-up of the International Space Station.
Spacemen.
The huge Christmas tree at the Galleria shopping mall.
Emirates advertising in Galleria Mall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm Pierre!

b :)

Melissa said...

My goodness isn't Houston foggy! Can rival Dubai, easily...

Melissa