Thursday, October 04, 2007

"Newcastle Like"

I managed to swap onto this Newcastle trip from a Johannesburg one. As this route was only launched on the 1st of September the flights both ways were still only half full. Our day started out by visiting the Metrocentre (billed as Europe's largest shopping centre but personally I don't think so) which is just across the road from our hotel. We shopped for an hour before going back to the hotel to watch a bit of TV (British TV is the best in the world!). In the evening we went into central Newcastle to have a meal and visit some pubs. Due to the fact that it was a very early start that day I was feeling tired so went back to the hotel sooner than I normally would. The return flight was as nice as the outbound one. Now I've got four days off to prepare for my next New York trip.
The hotel where we stay.
The view from my window.
The funpark which is inside the Metrocentre. They even have a rollercoaster in there!
You can just make out the Tyne bridge behind me.
Georgina (England) and Claire (England) were both really excited about the name of this pub!
The pub food we had was great. L-R Captain Paul (England), Georgina, Claire and Me.

No comments: