Sunday, August 26, 2007

Zakynthos Daytrip

When my friend Holly told me she was moving to a Greek island to work there for the summer she made me promise I'd visit. Well true to my word I booked my air tickets and 3 months later I was there. Due to the island being quite hard to get to when flying, it worked out that I could only spend one day there. I arrived at 10pm at night (after setting off from Dubai at 6am that morning!) and had a few drinks in the bar where Holly works before it was time to sleep. The next morning we were up bright and early and into town where we had breakfast. Then we went for a tour of the island on the tourist train. It took us to a museum (which was actually quite interesting) and a winery (which was very interesting!). :-) When we arrived back we had lunch and a quick swim in the sea. I had a 3 hour nap after this and then we went out for a meal and some drinks. The next day I was up very early early again to fly back home via Vienna.
The Olympic Airways deathtrap that I had to fly on between Athens and the island of Zakynthos.
The Garden Bar where Holly works.
Holly behind the bar.
Holly made me a special cocktail which we named the Garden Surprise.
Trainaki! The tourist train in the town of Alykes.
A greek village at the foot of the mountains.
In the museum. We both sat at this old schooldesk and it nearly broke!
Rows of grapes near the winery.
Holly was quite impressed with her wrap at lunchtime.
The beach in Alykes where we had a dip.
Holly with a can of Mythos, the local beer. We decided we would rename it Mykonos as that sounded better.
Holly at the posh (ish) restaurant where we had dinner.

No comments: