Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hamburg & New York Shopping Trip

I really enjoy this trip. I get to speak German, I stay at nice hotels and I get lots of allowance money. This time it was even better mainly due to 2 reasons. The first one was that fact that my friend Neill flew over from Birmingham to join me in Hamburg. I took him to see the city and we also had a meal with most of the crew at our favourite hangout, Hofbräuhaus. The next day it was off to New York for my first visit of 2 this month. The next day I went shopping with one of the other crew. After lunch in Central Park he showed me the Abercrombie & Fitch store on 5th Avenue. $168.95 later it was time for my first ride on the subway back to the hotel. On the return flight we left the gate at JFK and joined a queue of over 20 aircraft before we could take off. It took over an hour before we left the ground. A fantastic dinner in the hotel was followed by even more shopping the next morning in Hamburg. All was going well on the way back to Dubai until we boarded the aircraft and found out the smoke detector system was broken. 4 hours later (and a drinks service in the terminal!) it was time to fly home for a few well earned non shopping days!
Our Purser must have worked at Starbucks before coming to Emirates. She made the best coffee!
Neill and I on the 'wobbly' bridge that takes us from the hotel towards the city.
At Hofbräuhaus. L-R Neill, Me, Mat (New Zealand), Hye Won (South Korea), Mayank (India) and Andrea (Slovakia).
After a few more beers and wines at Hofbräuhaus.
Neill posing with me and Mat before we left for New York and he flew back to Birmingham.
I finally got Chinese in a Box! It's one thing I've wanted to do since my first New York trip and never had the chance.
Me on the ramp to the Brooklyn Bridge leading towards Manhattan.
The roadway on the Brooklyn Bridge towards Manhattan.
A view of Manhattan Bridge that I walked over last time I was in New York.
In Times Square.
Near Times Square.
The fountain in Central Park.
Getting ready to board a subway train.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the two blogs. Considering I am the only one who comments! I havnt heard from you in ages, remember me?

B x