Sunday, August 26, 2007

Casablanca

I'm not going to tell you much about the flight, I'll just say it was so bad I'm still recovering 2 days later! All the buildings in Casablanca are very old apart from the hotels which are quite modern by their standards. We started the day by having lunch and a quick swim in the hotel pool. It was then time to go to the market so the girls could pick up some souvenirs. After we had found our way out of the maze of shops we took a taxi to a local Hammam (a bit like a lesuire centre) and had a traditional Moroccan bath. I thought it was like paying for someone to scrub my suntan off! Now I've done my first Casablanca I don't think I'll be going back again. Once is enough in a lifetime for me!
The hotel in Casablanca.
Hotel Lobby.
The hotel restaurant where we had breakfast.
The girls and I outside the entrance arch to the market. L-R Piquita (Australia), Me and Charlene (England).
Inside the market.
The view of the square outside the hotel.
All the taxis are really small. They will only take 3 people. We found this out when four of us jumped in one and the taxi driver started shouting!
The Hammam where we had our Moroccan bath.

No comments: