Monday, May 07, 2007

Dee's Birthday

I've just been to London for my friend Dee's 28th birthday. It was a fantastic night and definately worth the airfare! I also got to see my other friends from bmi who I'm going on holiday to the USA with in September. Check out the pictures below...
Me with Dee (on the left) and Martin (his partner).
Martin spent the whole day setting up for the party. He did an excellent job in their back garden.
Everyone got to have a really good chat with each other.
There were some 'interesting' dance moves during the night!
Some people managed to make it all the way through to 5am.

Martin and Dee have just returned from holiday in Austria where they learnt to play this game. Each person has to try to hit a nail into the wood using the small end of the hammer. The last person to hit their nail all the way in has to drink a shot. It's not as easy as it looks!
Another popular party game was Jenga. This photo shows Sarah (Martin's friend) getting really stressed as she tries to decide which block to pull out.
Me surrounded by my old bmi friends. L-R Alex, Scott, Nat and Chris.
We went out for the day and Alex drove. Everyone is slightly concerned by the speed he takes corners at!
Out in the town of Staines, Scott and Chris try to help the locals carry a big pipe.

Windsor Castle.
Nat, Scott and Chris riding the travellator in Tesco.
I flew to London on Virgin Atlantic as all the Emirates flights were full. You can see the Virgin Airbus A340-600 parked in front of several of the Emirates aircraft at Dubai. The fare only cost me 850 Dirhams (£115 or $280 Australian) which is amazing for a 7 hour flight!
Inside the economy cabin of the Virgin plane. There were only 40 passengers so I got four seats all to myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tobs, I can't believe you do all this travelling with a wooden leg. You are very brave! Why didn't you meet up with Warren in JNB? I expected to see him in your blog. Your blog is fab! You are so thorough and a complete anorak but then you were a BD card holder by the age of 19. So good to catch up yesterday and will have to pay you a visit very soon. xxx