Friday, November 16, 2007

Paris, You've Changed My Mind

I was dreading my second visit (first with Emirates) to the capital of France as I'm not a fan of most things French and I'd had a bad experience the first time I went with my brother. However I must say that this trip changed my view. The passengers were nice, the parts of the city we visited were clean and there was a romantic feel to the place. It also helped that I had a fantastic crew with me. We were all tired after the long flight to Paris but we still decided that being so close we had to go into the city. The architecture is quite amazing on some of the buildings and the Champs-Élysées is beautiful when all the shops are lit up at night. I'm glad I've now seen another side to this city.
An Air France Concorde on display at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport.
The Arc de Triomphe.
Les Invalides. Napoleon is buried here.
Having hot chocolate at Les Invalides. L-R First Officer Johannes (South Africa), Captain Werner (Germany), Roxana (Romania), Dahae (South Korea), Me.
Me holding up the Eiffel Tower.
The Seine river runs through the middle of the city.
The Eiffel Tower at night.

No comments: