Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Tee Oder Kaffee Für Sie?

Guten Tag and happy Valentine's Day! Frankfurt was a good trip for refreshing my foreign language skills. All the German I learnt at school came flooding back to me during the flights and by the end I was speaking fluently to most of the passengers. I even had a conversation with a 4 year old German girl about where she lived! I was shocked when I received my hotel bill yesterday. I managed to spend €61 (about £40/AU$102) in the bar! The most I have ever spent drinking while away on a trip. I had a fun time with the crew doing it though!
The Frankfurt TV Tower.
The RadissonSAS hotel where we stayed. It only opened 2 months ago.
I went for a ride to central Frankfurt on the tram.
We had a nervous passenger on board so to take her mind off the flight we took some silly photos of her and her friends with us, in the rear galley of the aircraft. She's the one in the Emirates hat. The other crew are Abdulla (United Arab Emirates), Mira (Sweden) and at the front is Sundera (Malaysia).
Central Frankfurt. Not much to look at and not much to do!
View of Frankfurt city from the 14th floor of the hotel.
More of Frankfurt. The hills in the background look like they could be in the UK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehehehehe
Frankfurt am Main ist nicht meine leibstburg!

Though i had the beststeak i have ever had in frankfurt i will tell you the restaurants name sometime.
cheerio