Sunday, February 04, 2007

Jo-burg

Johannesburg is so far the most relaxing layover trip I've had. The flight down to South Africa had 50 empty seats in economy which makes the service a lot easier. When we arrived I was so tired as I hadn't managed to sleep the night before. At the hotel I had a nice 5 hours sleep before going out with the crew for dinner. We went to the 'Bull Run' restuarant which is a regular haunt of the crew when in Jo-burg. The steak I had was enormous and the prices were so cheap! It cost only 100 Rand which is approximately £5 or AU$18 for a 500g ribeye, a cocktail and a glass of wine. The next day I just watched movies in my room until it was time to get dressed and meet the rest of the crew to travel back to the airport. The flight back was uneventful until 20 minutes before landing when the Captain came on the PA and announce due to a big storm over Dubai we may have to divert the aircraft! Lucky the weather cleared up just in time before our fuel got too low and we were able to land. Now I've got 4 days in Dubai to catch up with my friends. The only problem is trying to get us all in the country at the same time!
Johannesburg International Airport have a very friendly welcome sign above the entrance doors for vistors!
The hotel we use in Johannesburg. The rooms are massive and so are the lovely baths!
The shopping mall that houses the Bull Run restaurant. This view is from my window.

The 500g ribeye steak I had was delicious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice place.
Id hate to be on an airplane when its stormy! id b well scared!
Hows you? Kirsty xxx