Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Melbourne, Auckland

The direct flight to Melbourne was a lot more pleasant than I expected it to be. It is mostly full of Australians who are returning home after a holiday in Europe. First stop was a few hours in bed after the 14 hour flight. I then met my Uncle and he took me down to Geelong where my Auntie lives to have dinner. We had a really good night and I'm glad I got to see them both again. The next day we did a quick 2 hour hop over the Tasman Sea to New Zealand. I was really surprised by how many Koreans lived there. I went for a walk around the main shopping area in Auckland before catching a ferry over the harbour to a suburb that faces the city. The view is really nice at night when all the buildings are lit up. We had dinner in a small cafe and then went back to the hotel to sleep. Back in Melbourne the next day I went to the restaurant my Uncle works at and had lunch before flying back to Dubai that night.
Melbourne city.
The world famous Melbourne Cricket Ground which is across the road from the hotel.
The bay near Geelong.
We stay in one bedroom apartments which are in this building in Auckland.
Justine was doing the same trip as me but a day earlier. I managed to catch up with her for an hour after arriving in Auckland before she had to leave to go back to Melbourne.
The ferry that we took over to the suburb facing the city.
In the cafe I had lamb soup for dinner. It was great!
The view of Auckland city at night.
GPO, the restaurant where my Uncle works.
Uncle Glen in his kitchen at the restaurant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in the world is Tobias Sears?

I didnt swear this time.

B xx

Anonymous said...

VERY COOL BLOG!! :D