Friday, June 15, 2007

Malaysia - Truly Asia

Reserve month brought another new destination to my visted list. This time it was Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia. The flight over was half empty so I thought it was time to catch up on some Dr Who in the back row for an hour. :-) I was in charge of running one of the galleys on this flight and I have definately improved since I first did it. The hotel in Kuala Lumpur was excellent, especially the food. The weather was very hot and humid so I only went out for 2 hours but I did manage to see the main sights of KL.
Nicola (England) and I doing our 'Welcome on Board' poses.
I was upgraded to a superior room at the hotel and had this great view of the Petronas Towers.
The towers looking up from the base.
Looking towards out hotel from the base of the towers. It's the pink building in the centre of the picture.
The Kuala Lumpur monorail which I had a ride on.
The KL Tower.
The buffet at the hotel was amazing.
They had some really weird food though. This is sweetcorn (yellow) and yam (purple) icecream. Two flavours that icecream should definately not be! Green cherries too.
Me and the girls riding the airport shuttle train or 'Pintu Masuk' as we nicknamed it. L-R Nicola, Bianca (Australia), Me, Pungjai (Thailand) and Nadine (South Africa).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One week to go Toby my lad.

Anyone who hasnt seen the ad wouldnt get it..

Toby said...

Everyone HAS seen the ad though! :-)